OCEAN ISLE BEACH, N.C. (WNCN) – Multiple fires broke out at Ocean Isle Beach late Monday as Hurricane Isaias made landfall, WECT reports.
Isaias came onshore at Ocean Isle Beach around 11 p.m. – not too long after, several house fires were reported, Mayor Debbie Smith told WECT.
Four fires were reported on Driftwood Drive and another on East 4th Street, Smith said.
The mayor said floodwaters are up to three feet deep in some portions of the island.
Crews are responding to the fires. It is unclear the extent of the damage to the homes.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NASA discovers water on the sunlit surface of Moon
- It’s back! How to grab KFC’s fried chicken-scented firelog before it sells out
- New program could help families cover childcare costs in Wake County amid pandemic
- UNC, Duke football given noon kickoff
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Sheetz, Darden Restaurants are hiring