RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Tropical Depression 13 is now forecast to be a hurricane as it approaches Florida on Monday.
The cone still has a chance for it to move up east of Florida but as of now, most models taking it into the Gulf of Mexico.
The depression is likely to become Tropical Storm Laura by Friday.
The National Hurricane Center said long-range track and intensity forecasts are more uncertain than usual since the system could move over parts of the Greater Antilles before reaching the U.S.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Florida emergency chief strongly discourages ‘vaccine tourism’ flights
- Biden to lay out plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Can’t make it to Memphis? Elvis Presley’s Graceland starting virtual tours
- Live: What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan?
- ‘Strong evidence’ suggests Capitol rioters intended to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials, US prosecutors say