BOLIVAR PENINSULA, Tex. (CNN/KPRC) — Rocks from the Gulf of Mexico were pushed onto Highway 87 in Bolivar Peninsula, Texas, blocking the roadway for drivers. It’s another visual example of how strong Hurricane Laura is.
Laura made landfall near Cameron, Louisiana early Thursday morning with winds of more than 150 mph. It’s only one of 10 storms to ever make landfall with those kinds of winds.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- New mask material created at NC State makes up for shortage of N95, surgical masks
- Automatic driving systems can cause complacency behind the wheel
- Doctor: The current US testing strategy isn’t working
- NC’s private schools face more, larger COVID clusters than public schools
- 12-year-old driver, teen passenger killed in shooting on Tennessee interstate