BOLIVAR PENINSULA, Tex. (CNN/KPRC) — Rocks from the Gulf of Mexico were pushed onto Highway 87 in Bolivar Peninsula, Texas, blocking the roadway for drivers. It’s another visual example of how strong Hurricane Laura is.
Laura made landfall near Cameron, Louisiana early Thursday morning with winds of more than 150 mph. It’s only one of 10 storms to ever make landfall with those kinds of winds.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Sherri Shepherd encourages women to take control of their heart health, know their numbers
- Mom killed her 2 children with meat cleaver, Arizona police say
- More NC gas stations getting fuel, but state still last in supplies amid crisis
- Blood-covered 4-year-old boy found slain in street; man arrested, Dallas police say
- VIDEO: 22 riders stuck 20 feet off ground on roller coaster in Arizona