RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Tropical Storm Chantal has formed over the northern part of the Atlantic Ocean.
National Hurricane Center officials says Chantal has produced maximum sustained winds of 40 MPH, moving east at 22 MPH.
There are no coastal watches or warnings in effect.
According to CBS 17 Chief Meteorologist Wes Hohenstein, Chantal had only a 10 percent chance of forming Tuesday.
The storm is expected to move out to sea, according to Hohenstein.
Little change in strength is forecast during the next 48 hours, NHC officials predict.
- Get paid to watch 24 Hallmark Christmas movies by Christmas Day
- The Motorola RAZR is back with a $1,500 price tag
- Dad used 11-month-old as ‘human shield’ in drug deal; baby shot multiple times
- Hillsborough teen charged with threatening to shoot up Orange County school
- Nike debuts sneakers designed for nurses and doctors
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now